Sri Lanka is a beautiful country with a rich history of yoga and meditation practices. Here are some yoga exercises that you can try while in Sri Lanka:
- Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar): This is a series of 12 yoga postures that are performed in a sequence. It is a great way to start your day and get your body moving. The postures are performed in a continuous flow, which helps to improve flexibility, strength, and balance.
- Tree Pose (Vrikshasana): This is a standing pose that helps to improve balance and focus. It involves standing on one leg and placing the sole of the other foot on the inside of the thigh. The arms are raised above the head, with the palms facing each other.
- Warrior Pose (Virabhadrasana): This is a series of three standing poses that are designed to build strength and stability. The poses involve lunging forward with one leg while keeping the other leg straight, with the arms extended above the head.
- Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana): This is a popular yoga pose that helps to stretch the hamstrings, calves, and spine. It involves starting on all fours and then lifting the hips up and back, with the arms and legs straight.
- Child’s Pose (Balasana): This is a restorative pose that helps to release tension in the back, neck, and shoulders. It involves sitting on the heels and then bending forward, with the arms extended in front of the body.
These are just a few of the many yoga exercises that you can try while in Sri Lanka. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced yogi, there is sure to be a yoga practice that suits your needs